I promised someone to make a pattern of the Wheel of Time embroidery I made, so here it is! It shows the Wheel of Time book logo and the great quote “the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills”.
So here is the pattern! I never made an embroidery pattern before, so please tell me what to improve next time.
- 12 x 12 cm piece of black fabric
- 7.5 cm embroidery hoop (mine is this one from sostrene grene)
- Embroidery floss
- White (DMC B5200)
- Grey (DMC 318)
- Gold (DMC mouline special 3852)
- Transfer and marking tools
- Transfer the image to your fabric
- Stitch the wheel and great serpent to the fabric, using backstitch with 2 strands of floss
- Stitch the text on the fabric, using backstitch with 1 strand of floss
- You can finish the back of the hoop as you want, or leave it unfinished