One of the new patterns for Knot Forgotten is a cute bunny with a pompom as tail, so I figured I’d make a video explaining how to make pompoms! First, I’ll explain how to make it using nothing but your hands and yarn, and the second one used a piece of cardboard.
Method 1: using your hands
- Wrap the yarn around your middle and pointy finger, leaving 3cm (1 inch) between your fingers
- Once sufficiently wrapped, cut the yarn
- Cut a seperate piece of yarn that’s 30cm long (12 inches), we will call this the extra yarn
- “Thread” this extra yarn between your fingers and wrap it around the wrapped yarn, make a knot
- Cut the “loops” of the wrapped yarn
- Wrap the extra yarn around the wrapped yarn again, making sure it’s nice and tight
- Now you have your pompom! You can cut it in any shape or size you want
Method 2: using cardboard
- Cut a piece of cardboard 10 cm by the diameter you want.
- Cut it in the shape of the pictures below, where the slit is 1cm (1/2 inch). The example below gives a pompom of 4 cm (2 inches)
- Do step 1-7 of the first method, using the cardboard instead of your hands