Over time, I have collected quite some crochet supplies and I have made these into a little kit – perfect for crocheting on the go (although I have to admit I also use this kit at home!)
The tin is about 9 x 6 x 2.5 cm (3.5 x 2.5 x 1 inch). This tin originally contained a USB drive, but it perfectly fits everything I need!
So what does it contain?
- stick – I know this may sound weird, but I keep a little wooden stick (I think it was once a popsicle stick?) that I use for getting my filling all the way in all the corners of my amigurumi
- filling – I have a tiny amount of filling in my kit. I have a larger bag of filling in my room, but this is a perfect amount for if I’m doing micro crochet
- needles – I have 3 different needles: a normal sewing needle, a darning needle and something in between
- pins – I have some pins and safety pins I use for making sure all my parts are in the right place before sewing them on
- felt – I have a small amount of black and white felt, since these are the colors I use most often
- wire – Sometimes you just need a little wire to make your ami stand by itself
- washer – I use a washer to get my safety eyes on easier, like this
- eyes – I have some 6mm safety eyes in this kit
- marker – A little stitch marker I made
- thread – Because sometimes you need something that’s smaller than yarn
- scissors – Pretty self-explanatory
- counter – Last but not least: my stitch counter!
It’s great how all of this fits in such a small tin! To show how small it is, here are some pictures.
And the smallest package is with a 1.0 mm hook and some sock mending thread. I am thinking of buying a capped 1.0 hook like the 0.5 hook I have to make it even smaller 🙂
Do you have a kit like this? Or does your kit contain anything else you really can’t miss? Please comment below!